Position Available: Immediately
Are you ready for an exciting opportunity as a Site Superintendent? Join our dynamic team and be the driving force behind our construction projects. Reporting to the Construction Manager and/or Project Manager, you will provide onsite supervision, administration, and technical direction. Enforce company project policies and ensure safety, design, quality, budget, and schedule are upheld. If you’re motivated to exceed expectations and make a lasting impact, apply now and take your career to new heights.
Logel Homes was created in 2000 to bring signature quality and value to townhome and condominium buyers. Logel Homes is proudly one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies (Gold Standard), the 8-time winner of Customer Insights Best Customer Experience and 2020, 2021 &2022 Multi-Family Builder of The Year. With an exciting, vibrant, and stimulating workplace within the home building industry, the driven team, is the embodiment of “Excellence Comes Standard”.
Please apply to this position through Bamboo HR HERE
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading, supervising, and directing all administrative and technical activities onsite for a multifamily building site.
- Supervising and coordinating trade activities throughout the duration of the project, following up completion to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Adhere to company and project policies and best practices, while ensuring the project is constructed in accordance with safety, design, quality, budget, and schedule
- Monitoring the construction schedule and working collaboratively with the trades to ensure the construction schedule is realistic and supported so that project goals can be met.
- Along with the Project Manager, deliver the project within budget. Ensuring all changes to financials are accurately documented and communicated to appropriate parties.
- Working together with the Construction Manager to develop a comprehensive critical path method schedule, logically tied to the planned construction sequence with reasonable activity durations.
- Reviewing trade progress onsite and participate in review of invoicing.
- Reading, interpret, analyze, and forecast a project’s cost reports and determine the status of the job in terms of schedule and budgeting.
- Process all applicable changes received from the architectural team.
- Communicate clearly and concisely on an ongoing basis with the project team, Consultants, Project Manager and/or Senior Vice President of Construction to maintain project timelines, quality, and team effectiveness.
- Coordinating, managing, and communicating with all subcontractors and effectively deal with such problems as delivery, labor, schedule and payment disputes.
- Act as the main point of contact on site for any after hour emergencies and/or security issues and be prepared to respond to them as required
- Monitor, review and ensure customer upgrades are correctly installed and completed to the customer’s satisfaction
- Coordinating and completing “Move In” schedules, pre and possession walk throughs with customers and other members of the customer service team
- Conducting Pre-possession and Possession walk-throughs with new owners
- Reviewing the contract drawings and specifications and ensuring the building is built in accordance with these documents.
- Ensuring that concrete is not poured without having Survey or Geotechnical Engineer compliance.
- Creating and implementing quality control schedules to assist in day-to-day monitoring of site activities.
- Ensuring all related parties adhere to Logel Homes Quality Control Program
- Maintain an organized filing system and current project documentation on site including safety documentation, packing slips, invoices and change orders
- Monitor quality control checklists and systems and track any building deficiencies.
- Organize and Complete regular required inspections with City and Consultants.
- Additional duties as assigned or as required to ensure our teams meet our customers’ needs
What you bring to the team:
- Thorough understanding of multifamily construction processes, materials and equipment
- Proven supervision experience in construction, preferably multifamily
- Completion of applicable technical program such as Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering Technologist etc. is considered an asset but not required
- Gold Seal Certifications, Microsoft Project Certification, Safety Certificates are considered assets.
- Minimum 3-5 years in a Superintendent Role
- Experience in supervising one or more projects
- An understanding of all drawings- including Structural, Mechanical and Electrical
- Ability to create and direct effective teams
- Ability to coach, mentor, develop, and motivate others.
- Trades experience is an asset
- Additional experience or knowledge in fall arrest, building envelope and envelope science is an asset
- Competent in Microsoft Office programs including Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project
- Physically be able to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift/carry up to 50lbs of weight
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Effective negotiation, problem solving, conflict resolution and customer service skills
Our values and policies promote teamwork, innovation, long-term employment, and work-life balance. As a family oriented, community minded company Logel Homes offers comprehensive health and insurance benefits including flex days and flexible work schedules; Personal and Health spending Accounts; RRSP&TFSA matching; team building and reward activities; career growth and advancement.
At Logel Homes, we value and celebrate diversity in all its forms. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce brings together unique perspectives, experiences, and talents, making us stronger as an organization. We are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels welcomed, respected, and supported. We strive to build a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve and foster an inclusive culture that encourages collaboration, innovation, and growth.